Symptoms you may be suffering from a religious behavior management disorder:
- You feel spiritual pressure to be a good Christian, rather than confidence that you are able to live from your new and supernaturally-strong heart.
- The message you’re hearing from church leadership is chiefly about avoiding sin, rather than indulging the goodness of your new heart.
- Fear of not living up to God’s or others’ expectations is stronger than your sense of God’s delight in you.
- Spiritual heaviness.
- You’re constantly being asked by leadership to be more committed.
- Every message is about getting you to do something, or to stop doing something.
- The leadership is more concerned with managing people’s sin, than releasing a new life that is now within them.
~ Ted Nelson